How to Overcome Ego and Win!
I was pleased to appear on The Culture of Things podcast, hosted by Brendan Rogers - Improving Leaders and Teams. We go into a lot detail around 2 founder/leader archetypes: Mule-drivers and Prophets – both coming with their specific strengths and weaknesses.
If you are a founder and not sure why there may be frustrations in your organization, you may come away with useful insights from this episode.
Key Discussion Points (as captured by Brendan's team):
- All about ego
- Ego traps
- The Mule-driver vs Prophet archetype founders
- Impact of people in a “Prophet-founded” organization
- How Andrew approaches these founders
- RACI tool
- HR in a Mule-driver organization
- Tools for founders (spoiler – the tool doesn’t matter)
- Making decisions using tools are dangerous
- Developing trust in teams
- Advice for prophet founders
- Advice to mule-driver founders
- The greatest impact in Andrew’s leadership journey
Here are the links for the episode on the various platforms:
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3zNXOB0