We explore some common questions founders have:
- How do I hire? How do I hire faster?
- How do I maintain my culture?
- When do I bring in department heads from the outside?
- What is most important right now?
- How do I organize my team to get more done?
Following are a few of the key tips:
- Plan in a simple way. A rapidly changing environment intensifies the need for a plan - but keep it light so it can easily evolve.
- Be brilliant at the basics. Resist the temptation to complicate!
- Ask "What's next", "What is needed to support that?", and "What is realistic?".
- Prioritize and communicate better to deliver everything.
- Clarity is the magic wand in high growth organizations.
- Get acquainted with the Know / Willing / Able framework.
- Don't let perfect become the enemy of better.
- Try to understand the motivations of your major stakeholders (investors, candidates, etc.).
- Be aware of the unspoken influence of fear.
- Company values can be powerful in aligning your team and getting more done, more effectively - but only if they are authentic, differentiating, and often a little risky. Pablum intended to appeal to everyone is just noise.
- Be cautious of lifting and shifting another organization's "best practices". Context is often more important than content. Does their context match yours?
Please also like, comment, share and subscribe to the #ScaleupsAndHypergrowthPodcast.