Following are a few of the key tips: - Be clear about what you're looking for.
- Tell a compelling story to candidates (WIIFM - what's in it for me?!).
- Hire leaders who are talent magnets.
- Don't get in your own way (i.e. awkward selection processes).
- Make the most out of employment branding platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Bring in an internal recruiter early (~20 hires/year).
- Wear a Product Manager hat (thinking about candidates as your customers) when designing talent acquisition processes.
- Key training investments for high growth organizations include manager skills, onboarding, interview skills, and sales training.
- A good training vendor can often help you move faster, cheaper, at higher quality. Don't default to building it all yourself from scratch.
Learn more about my advisory services at www.seriesBconsulting.com and my executive development program for HR leaders at high-growth organizations at www.PeopleLeaderAccelerator.com.